Jason Rogers is a litigator, risk management counselor and contract negotiator who represents business owners, contractors and individuals in a wide variety of high-stakes matters. He has represented clients before both state and federal courts.
Jason has extensive experience working with clients in connection with contract matters, business torts, mechanic’s lien claims, construction and real estate issues. He focuses on helping businesses negotiate disputes while minimizing risks associated with complex projects and business deals.
Jason’s passion and responsiveness bring trust and value to his clients.
- Construction Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Real Estate Transaction/Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Tort and Contract Law
- Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, 2009
LL.M. Masters of Law, Real Estate
- Syracuse University College of Law, 2008
JD, Real Estate Law
– Dean’s List; Alumni Academic Scholarship
- Hamilton College, 2002, B.A.
– Dean’s List; Levitt Scholar
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Southern District – New York
- Eastern District – New York
- 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals
- The Defense Research Institute
- Massachusetts Building Congress (MBC), 20:30 Club Committee
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), Massachusetts Chapter
- Associated Subcontractors of Massachusetts (Associate Member)
- Elihu Root Society
- Represented multi-national technology company in a multi-million-dollar breach of contract claim relating to the construction and installation of over 1,200 miles of fiber optic cable throughout western Massachusetts.
- Represented subsidiary of an international construction company in multi-million-dollar public construction contracts and disputes.
- Represented general contractor in the drafting and negotiation of a multi-million-dollar contract for the construction of a taproom and restaurant space for a local brewery in Boston, MA.
- Successfully brought, negotiated and settled a multi-million-dollar delay and lost productivity claim on behalf of a subcontractor in mediation to close out project involving extensive renovations to a historic building in Cambridge, MA.
- Represented Owner in the negotiation of a multi-million-dollar construction contract for the purchase and construction of over 70,000 square foot parcel for warehouse, light industrial and retail space.
- Represented general contractor in the close-out of a multi-million-dollar construction project for an international architect in Somerville, MA.
- Represented general contractor in the negotiation of a multi-million-dollar construction contract for brewing facility and taproom space for a cider company in Boston, MA.
- Represented general contractor in the closeout of the construction of a 6-story residential building in Dedham, MA.
- Represented general contractor in the drafting and negotiation of a multi-million-dollar contract for the construction of a 4-story residential condominium project in Boston, MA.
“OSHA’s New Standard for Confined Spaces in Construction
“First Circuit to Decide Whether Massachusetts Earned Sick Time Law Applies to Signatories of Collective Bargaining Agreements,” DEFENSE RESEARCH INSTITUTE, THE CRITICAL PATH, 7.12.16
“Chapter 7: Risk Allocation in Construction Contracts,” MASSACHUSETTS PRACTICE CONSTRUCTION LAW, 2014- 15 Ed. (contributing author) 11.01.14
“CIM Construction Journal Article Legal Watch: The Superior Court Issues Startling Decision Interpreting the Risks Undertaken by a Construction Manager at Risk,” CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRIES OF MASSACHUSETTS CONSTRUCTION JOURNAL, August 2014, Vol. 95, 8.01.14.
“Legal Watch: Superior Court Interprets Liabilities Imposed Upon a Construction Manager at Risk on Major Public Building Projects.” UCANE CONSTRUCTION JOURNAL, 07.01.14.