Rodney represents general contractors, subcontractors and owners in commercial and residential construction litigation related to construction defects, mechanic’s liens and payment claims, and personal injury.
Roddy has significant experience defending his clients’ interests and minimizing liability exposure. He brings his knowledge as an effective trial lawyer and advocate to managing the complexities of these cases and strategizing a path to early resolution or mediation when favorable to the client.
Roddy also protects his clients’ business interests with respect to insurance related issues and risk management. This includes contract review and providing assessment and counsel concerning insurance coverage and exposure. When necessary, Roddy will fight for coverage, whether by the primary insurer or through a third party contractual relationship.
Roddy also represents owners and retailers in premises liability litigation and against claims for negligent security and false imprisonment.
Regardless of the issue or circumstances in dispute, Roddy’s clients appreciate his commitment to thorough analysis of the facts, understanding of implications for their business, and focus on pursuing a strategy aligned with their priorities and objectives.
- Construction Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Premises Liability
- Personal Injury
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, MA – 2011
- Editor, Suffolk University Law Review
- Colby College – 2006, B.A.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State of Maine
- United States District Court – Massachusetts
- United States District Court – Maine
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Builders and Contractors of Massachusetts
- Massachusetts Building Congress
First Circuit Establishes Less Demanding Requirement of Particularized Need to Access Prior Grand Jury Testimony, 43 Suffolk U. L. Rev. 759 (2010)