Ryan P. Menard counsels employers on regulatory and other matters important to managing employee-employer relationships, and supports strategy and case management for a range of general business disputes.
His experience spans advising employers on regulatory compliance, wage and hour issues, non-compete agreements, handbook and policy drafting, and employment law issues pertaining to workforce management from hiring practices through termination procedures. Ryan’s capabilities are a significant asset clients draw upon when ad hoc employment issues arise requiring immediate attention.
Ryan also serves as a team member addressing general business-to-business disputes including breach of contract claims, premises liability incidents, lease disputes, construction litigation and more. He is practiced at supporting all phases of bringing a claim, whether the priority is attempts at resolution or developing the proposed strategy for presenting the case in court. He participates in all elements of handling a dispute-resolution negotiation, fact investigation, discovery, depositions, motion for summary judgment, arbitration or trial.
Ryan is particularly adept at researching complex legal issues, and navigating the path to an optimal negotiating position in cases where the fact pattern and precedent don’t point to a singular resolution. Clients appreciate his diligent, thorough approach to developing creative, effective arguments in the context of achieving their objectives for quick resolution and winning outcome.
- Employment Risk Management
- Employment Litigation
- Business Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Tort and Contract Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Landlord/Tenant Litigation
- Northeastern University School of Law – 2011, J.D.
– Articles Editor of the Northeastern University Law Journal
– Founder of Northeastern University ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) Society
- Northeastern University – 2007, B.A.
- ommonwealth of Massachusetts
- United States District Court – District of Massachusetts
- 1st Circuit Court of Appeals
- Massachusetts Bar Association, Labor and Employment Council
- MassBio Human Resources Forum Co-Chair
- Northeastern University Law School Boston Regional Alumni Chapter Co-Chair
- Massachusetts Defense Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- New Employer Statute Requiring Accommodations for Pregnant Workers
- Imminent Changes To Wage Laws Will Require Overtime Pay For 110,000 Salaried Massachusetts Employees
- Aiming Without A Scope: How Courts Scrutinize Gun Laws After District of Columbia v. Heller, 3 N.U.L.J. 289 (2011)
- Gender Identity And The Equal Pay Act