Pro Bono & Public Service
Kenney & Sams, P.C. is dedicated to public service and the administration of justice. Our attorneys work hard not only in the office, but in their communities, taking leadership roles in various civic related organizations. Moreover, we donate our time to the legal community, participating on a pro bono basis with various organizations, including the following:
- Kenney & Sams, P.C. provided representation throughout the Massachusetts Bar Association’s Marathon Tragedy Assistance Program. The One Fund awarded our Pro Bono client, $125,000 for serious injuries sustained in the Boston Marathon bombing tragedy.
- Kenney & Sams, P.C. is proud to support Homes For Our Troops, an organization that builds handicap accessible homes for our veterans returning home from war. We recently contributed to a project in Middleboro, Massachusetts for a soldier severely injured in combat in Afghanistan last year.
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, where Kenney & Sams, P.C. is one of the top ten volunteering firms as a percentage of firm size in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; regularly chairing programs and making presentations in the areas of civil litigation, trial strategy, construction law, insurance law, and employment law.
- The Boston Bar Association’s Volunteer Lawyer’s Program where we have represented indigent clients, including disadvantaged veterans;
- The Boston Bar Foundation, which we participate in and which raises funds for numerous pro bono legal service organizations throughout Massachusetts;
- The Massachusetts Bar Association’s Dial-A-Lawyer Program, taking calls through the MBA and providing legal assistance;
- The Epilepsy Foundation, where we protect the civil rights of disabled people against potential discrimination; and The Boston Bar Association, where we chair the Law Day In The School Program, which provides a law-class to students throughout Boston’s public schools (kindergarten-high school), educating them about the law, their rights, and inspiring them to reach their potential.
We are proud to meet our responsibility to the legal community and the public in providing these public services.